About the Opera
When I started writing music for theatre I wanted to build on what I considered the “symphonic musical theatre” of West Side Story and Sweeney Todd. As a 20-something in NYC, I got discouraged and went to plan B. Now 20 years later, I’ve poured everything I have into my new piece The Prisoner. If you’re interested in hearing the workshop, please visit the soundclound playlist.
The workshop was Thursday, August 21, 2014 at Ovations Night Club in Houston.
(in order of appearance)
Tilly Frankl – Sarah Brindley
Viktor Frankl – Alexander Scheuerman
Marko – Eric Bowden
Milovan Djilas – Rameen Chaharbaghi
Worker – Kyla Knox
Tito – Brian Shircliff
Mira – Amanda Gregory
Piano/Music Director – Keith Weber
In Yugoslavia during the years 1955, 1943, 1948
1. Cry Rain (Frankl, Tilly, Chorus)
2. It Is Djilas (Marko)
3. Are You Out There? (Djilas, Chorus)
4. They Took Him Away (Workers/Chorus)
5. Winter Is Coming (Tito, Djilas, Chorus)
6. Blood for Blood (Tito, Djilas)
7. This White City (Mira)
8. Tyranny of the Mind (Djilas, Marko)
9. A Special Package (Marko, Djilas, Chorus)
10. Finale: What Is Man? (Frankl, Chorus)
For future performances, recordings, or information please join our mailing list.